- Gandhinagar: Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi arrived at Somnath helipad in a special helicopter of air-force from Diu. After taking charge as Prime Minister of India, Mr. Modi came at the holy place for the first time. At the time of his arrival Minister of State for Water Supply and Civil Aviation Department Mr. Jasabhai Barad, District Panchayat President Mrs. Maniben Rathod, MP Mr. Chunibhai Gohel, MP Mr. Rajeshbhai Chudasama, Municipality President Mr. Jagadishbhai Fofandi, District Collector Mr. Ajay Kumar, District Police Head Mr. Hitesh Joishar, BJP District President Mr. Jhaveribhai Thakarar along with various dignitaries warmly welcomed him at the helipad. After welcoming him Mr. Modi directly went to worship lord Shiva at renowned Jyotirling Shri Somnath Temple.
- Giving response to felicitation in his address Mr. Modi said that the Union Government is making efforts to overcome gap between rich and poor people through integrated planning. Nationalization of banks was undertaken to benefit the poor people but they could not get benefit of bank facilities. As a result Jan Dhan Yojna was implemented and bank accounts of poor people were opened. During last three years developmental works have been performed with calculated planning and we got positive results as well, he added.
- Employment opportunities will be increased in coastal areas through the Union Government’s Sagarmala project. 400 port – fishing sites of the nation will be developed with a cost of Rs. 8 lakh crore. Among them 40 ports of Gujarat will be developed with a cost of Rs. 45 thousand crore. Out of them 18 ports will be made modernize. Railway, road and air connectivity will be extended to 11 ports. Industrial areas will be developed at 7 ports. While 4 ports will be covered under coastal community development plan, he added.
- Mr. Modi also announced to develop Kandla port as smart industrial port city. The port city will be shaped in 1400 acre area and as a result 50000 youth will get employment opportunities. He also announced to construct an iconic bridge between Okha to Bet Dwarka with a cost of Rs. 500 crore. This bridge will produce renewable energy along with facilities such as cycle path, walker’s way, car way etc. Mr. Modi briefed people about the work of this bridge has been reached at testing phase. He also showed outline of the scheme to convert 8 state highways in national highways with a cost of Rs. 12000 crore.
- Expressing his desire for development based on the colours of our National Flag Mr. Modi said, the Saffron colour in the top band indicates the strength and courage of the country. The Government wants to re-establish new landmarks in the production of renewable energy. He expressed pride for Gujarat to take initiative in establishing new dimensions. He expressed his determination for white colour indicating white revolution. The cattle breeder will be able to produce more milk through fewer cattle also. As per the Navy blue Colour of the Ashok Chakra the development of Fisheries will be done, the Government is working on specific plan for the poor fishermen, he added. As per which a group of 5 poor fishermen will be able to buy a large boat at 50% subsidized rates, through this boat the fishermen will be able to move 12 miles away in the sea for fishing. Expressing about the Green colour of the National flag he talked about the green revolution. He expressed his commitment to double the income of the farmers till year 2022. He also presented the details for allowing the export of peanut for the interest of farmers.
- He expressed his joy to worship in Somnath temple after worshiping Kashi Vishwanath. The leaders of Gir Somnath District felicitated Mr. Modi and the students of Sanskrit university welcomed PM with different Mantras.
- PM worships Somnath mahadev with divinity and mantras
- Gandhinagar: Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi today worshiped the first Jyotirlinga shrines of lord Shiva at Somnath Temple and performed holy abhishek of the shrine. For the first time he worshiped Somnath after taking charge as Prime Minister.
- He paid homage to the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel by offering garland and flowers and then he moved towards the temple. He worshiped by anointing different fluids like Panchamrat and Gangajal on the shrine of Lord Shiva. The priest of the temple made the atmosphere full of divinity with different mantras and shlokas.
- On the occasion Minister of State for Water Supply and Civil Aviation Department Mr. Jasabhai Barad, District Panchayat President Mrs. Maniben Rathod, Parliamentary Secretary Mr. Jethabhai Solanki, MLA Mr. Govindbhai Parmar, MP Mr. Chinubhai Gohel and Mr. Rajeshbhai Chudasama, Director of Tourism Corporation Mr. Jhaveribhai, Municipality President Mr. Jagdishbhai, District Collector, District Police Head, District BJP president and local people were remained present.
Tags PM of India
Opening Statement by Prime Minister of India at 15th ASEAN-India Summit, Manila Your Excellency President …