- Historical visit of Prime Minister of Japan Mr. Shinzo Abe and Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi of the land of Gujarat, new chapter of industrial and economic development of Gujarat will be addressed. Agreements for the establishment of Japan-India Institute of Manufacturing will be signed between Japan Government and Gujarat Government in the presence of Prime Minister of Japan and India. This will be the special contribution of Gujarat in Prime Minister’s “Make in India” Campaign.
- Japan has invested a lot of capital in Gujarat in the field of automobile manufacturing. Special arrangements have been made for continuous and timely capital investment in the upcoming time. Under the 'Make in India' and 'Skill India' campaign and with Japan Government’s Ministry of Economy, Business and Industry and Japan-India Institute of Manufacturing will be built jointly by Gujarat Government in Sanand -3 phase in 1750 acres area of Khoraj near Ahmedabad. Under the Institute Industrial estate, transport, power management, telecommunication, human resources and housing construction will be developed jointly by the Government of Gujarat and the Government of Japan. Japan Government will focus more on the plug and play factory, logistics and human resources. Gujarat Government has allocated appropriate land for this. Hybrid Industrial Park will be developed on the basis of public-private partnership. Under the Japan International Cooperation Agency, Gujarat Investment Promotion Program Investment promotion programs loan will also be provided. Important infrastructure will be set up by the Gujarat government.
- Under “Skill India” through a global Japan-India Institute of Manufacturing will prove to be very important in putting industrial capital investment of Fast Track in Gujarat, within the next 10 years, 30000 youth are planned to be trained by the Indian government
- recognized world-class industrial training. In the primary stage, 500 students have been selected. The students of Ganpat University, Mehsana have been selected for training in different five trades. Companies of Japan like Suzuki, Yamaha and Tokyo have also shown the willingness to participate in this Institute of Manufacturing.
- Japan-India Institute of Manufacturing and the Indo-Japanese Industrial Zone will have the potential to make employment generation and economic growth faster, for building a world-class industrial center equipped with future infrastructure facilities in Gujarat.
- At the invitation of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will undertake an official visit to India on September 13 and 14, 2017.
- Prime Minister Modi and Prime Minister Abe will hold the 12th India-Japan Annual Summit, at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar, Gujarat on the 14th of September. The two leaders will deliver statements to the media. An India Japan Business Plenary is scheduled the same day.
- This will be the fourth Annual Summit between Prime Minister Modi and Prime Minister Abe. The two leaders will review the recent progress in the multifaceted cooperation between India and Japan under the framework of their 'Special Strategic and Global Partnership' and will set its future direction.
- The two leaders will attend a public function to mark the commencement of work of India’s first high-speed rail project between Ahmedabad and Mumbai, on 14th of September. The train is expected to significantly reduce travel time between the two cities. Japan is a pioneer in high-speed rail networks, and its Shinkansen bullet train is among the fastest in the world.
- The city of Ahmedabad will greet Prime Minister Abe with an elaborate civic reception on 13th of September, showcasing the cultural diversity of India, through a series of performances.
- The two Prime Ministers will visit Sabarmati Ashram, established by Mahatma Gandhi on the banks of the Sabarmati River. They will then visit the “Sidi Saiyyid Ni Jaali” – a famous 16th century mosque in Ahmedabad. The two leaders will also visit Dandi Kutir, the museum dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi, at the Mahatma Mandir.
Home / Business / Agreement to be signed between Japan Govt and Gujarat Govt for establishment of Institute of Manufacturing
Tags PM of Japan
The Governor of South Australia Mr Hieu Van Le AC today (Monday, 06 Nov) met …