Australian firm keen to set up paper recycling plant in Maharashtra
Davos: Following are the highlights of the key bilateral meetings held in Davos.
1. Handed over land allotment letter to Cognizant for their planned expansion in Pune. This will add 20,000 jobs over the next few years. The reason why Cognizant zeroed in on Pune is because the quality of the workforce is the best not only as compared to other states in India but also many global cities.
2. Schindler was extremely happy on getting its approval which was stuck for over a year. Has agreed to invest in second phase at Talegoan which will be a facility for manufacturing escalators. They evaluated multiple states but Maharashtra ranked the highest.
3.Visy – an Australian paper manufacturing firm is keen to invest in a paper recycling plant and will be coming to Mumbai in February for the second round of discussions.
4.General Electric plans to invest about Rs. 3000/- crores in Maharashtra following the steps being taken by the Government to and the launch of the Make in India Program
5.Toray International have plans to invest in technical fibres and polyester. We have requested them to consider Amravati / Nagpur and assured them all requisite support for integrated textile park.
6. Hilti Group is also seriously considering investing in Maharashtra. They are happy with the infrastructure in the state but are a little concerned with the energy costs.
7. Safran – a French multinational aircraft and rocket-engine, aerospace-component manufacturer is enter India. We have offered them land in Nagpur given the existing ecosystem in the region for this sector
8. Volkswagen intends to make India and Maharashtra a global hub for manufacturing small segment cars. Chief Minister will be inaugurating the company’s diesel manufacturing plant in Chakan on 27th January
9. Diageo which has large operations in Maharashtra is looking to further expand its operations. Being a water intensive industry, we have requested them to consider water abundant locations in the state.
10. Khimji Group desires to set-up plants in engineering sector and said that he has been trying to get access to the Govt. for the last three years but couldn’t. Things are now improving significantly.
11. Credit Suisse – talent availability is a key factor for their business and hence Mumbai and Pune are top on their list for their expansion plans.
12. Nomura praised the quality of workforce Maharashtra has to offer and shared its plans to further expand its operations in the state. They primarily have operations only in Mumbai as it is a financial hub
13. JP Morgan is also expanding operation and Maharashtra most of it will happen in Maharashtra.
14. Nestle shared ideas on how Maharashtra can become a leading exporter of Milk to the world. Also expressed keenness in investing in the state.
15. Mitsui has expressed interest in investing in manufacturing as well as financing infrastructure projects.
16. JETRO has promised to facilitate investments from Japenese companies planning to enter/expand operations in India.
Meetings held with companies from multiple sectors such as Manufacturing, Financial Services, Technology, Food processing etc.:
14. JP Morgan
15. Swiss Re
16. Credit Suisseo
18. AjitKhimji Group
19. Toray International
20. Deutsche Bank
22. Bharat Light & Power
Gandhinagar: Israeli Prime Minister Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu has presented a unique gift to the Indian …