- New Delhi: His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of United Arab Emirates is visiting India as the Chief Guest for the 2017-Republic Day celebrations from 24-26 January 2017. He will be accompanied by a high-level delegation, including Ministers, senior officials and captains of industry.
- During the visit, the visiting dignitary would call on Rashtrapatiji Shri Pranab Mukherjee and Vice President Shri Mohammad Hamid Ansari and would hold discussions with Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on bilateral, regional and global issues of common interest.
- This is the second visit of the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi to India since February 2016. Following the landmark visit of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to UAE in August 2015, the two countries have agreed to elevate the mutually beneficial relationship to a comprehensive strategic partnership.
- India and UAE enjoy warm, close and multi-faceted relations underpinned by cultural, religious and economic linkages. The two countries have been amongst each other’s top trading partners with a well-balanced bilateral trade of about US$ 50 billion in 2015-16. UAE is among the top investors in India in terms of foreign direct investments. It contributes significantly to India's energy security and is the fifth largest supplier of crude oil to India in 2015-16.
- About 2.6 million strong and vibrant Indian community forms the largest expatriate group in UAE. Their positive and well-appreciated contribution in the development of their host country has been an important anchor of our excellent bilateral engagement.
Home / News / India Subcontinent / Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi to be the Chief Guest for the Republic Day of India
Opening Statement by Prime Minister of India at 15th ASEAN-India Summit, Manila Your Excellency President …