- Gandhinagar: Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi has stated that the Israeli technology will be instrumental in helping the Central Government realize its dream of doubling the income of farmers by the year 2022; a year when India will complete 75 years of Independence.
- The Prime Minister also said that it is important to devote attention to irrigation, innovative methods of farming. “We are working towards doubling farmer income by 2022. For this, optimum utilisation of land resources, ensuring minimum wastage and understanding the needs of the market assume importance,” PM Mr. Modi said while addressing the farmers in Vadrad. He also thanked the Israeli PM for meeting the farmers in Vadrad. “Our relation with Israel through Centre of Excellence has to be taken forward to bring about change. I thank Mr. Netanyahu for taking time for our farmers and talking to them. Our cooperation with Israel is diverse and benefits both our nations,” PM Mr. Modi said.
- At Vadrad, stressing on the use of technology in agriculture, PM Mr. Modi said that it is important to use the latest technology when it comes to agriculture. Farmers gain immensely thanks to technology, he added.
- Praising Israel’s booming agricultural sector, PM Mr. Modi said that the country stands out in its innovative techniques in this area. “We are all aware of the strides Israel has made in agriculture, including when it comes to managing water resources and irrigation. Israel shows the way on how to transform a nation with the agriculture sector at the core” said PM Mr. Modi in Vadrad. “With the help of technology & advanced Science, Israel has brought revolution in the sector of agriculture,” added PM Mr. Modi.
- Gujarat and Israel share a similar geography in terms of the desert area, availability of water, warm climate etc. The Indo-Israel relations will bring enable to India to
- achieve great heights in the development sector especially in the field of agriculture”, said PM Mr. Modi.
- Israeli PM Mr. Netanyahu regarded the Indo-Israel partnership as an ‘amazing partnership’ and said that the cooperation will lead to new heights of development in the days. Mr. Netanyahu said that India has a vision under the leadership of Prime Minister Modi.
- Both the PMs inaugurated the Vadrad Centre of Excellence at Kukma in Kutch and unveiled a memorial to mark 25 years of Indo-Israel co-operation at Vadrad Centre. Mr.Modi and Mr. Netanyahu also visited the plug nursery.
- Smt. Sara Netanyahu, wife of the Israeli PM was also present during the event. Minister of Agriculture Mr.R.C Faldu, Minister Mr. Jaydrathsinh Parmar, Chief Secretary Dr.J.N Singh and officials of the Israel government were present on the occasion.
Home / News / India Subcontinent / Israeli technology to help in doubling income of Indian farmers by 2022: PM
New Delhi: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has made salaried class and stock market unhappy. He …