Make in India branding to be highlighted in Hannover Messe(Germany)
New Delhi: Large scale participation is being made by India in Hannover Messe 2015, by branding the Make in India slogan of the Government in a widespread manner in Germany and other neighbouring European countries. Speaking to the media persons at a Press Conference, the Minister of State for Commerce & Industry (Independent Charge), Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman said that the India Pavilion is being constructed by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) to project India’s brand image by incorporating many of the key core sectors of the Indian portfolio forming part of the Make in India campaign.
The Minister further said that India is gearing up to take advantage of the status of Partner Country given by Hannover Messe for the 2015 participation. The Hannover Fair attracts nearly two lakh global leaders in business, technology, industrial scientists and policy makers. The Fair would be held in Germany from April 13-17, 2015.
By adopting the theme of Make in India, the country is branding strongly in the forthcoming fair in Germany during April 2015. Apart from over 100 CEOs of top companies confirming to participate in the fair, more than 300 Indian companies are also participating as exhibitors in the various sectors forming part of the Fair. The Government has made Export Promotion Council for Engineering Exports (EEPC India) the lead agency. CII and FICCI are the other partners associated. The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi would be reaching out the global business and technology leaders on the new initiatives of the Indian Government for doing business in India and to support this, various Ministries like the IT, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Heavy Industry etc. would be hosting seminars on topics relevant to the new Government’s initiatives.
Some of the highlights of India’s participation in HM 2015 are:
· ‘Make in India’ the flagship programme of the Government to develop and market India to global investors has been decided as the theme for participation.
· Since India is the Partner Country, branding / publicity for projecting India’s participation as also highlighting the ‘Make in India’ is being done extensively at Hannover city / airport / fairground etc.
· About 300 Indian companies including public sector giants would be participating in the five – day fair, seeking technology collaborations, business tie-ups and showcasing India’s capabilities in global trade. India was a Partner Country at the Hannover Messe last in 2006.
· Indian Government is seizing the participation in the fair as an opportunity to increase its global presence in commodities & services, apart from utilizing the event for attracting investments into India as part of the ‘Make in India’
· Prime Minister would be present for the inaugural function on 12th April, 2015 evening as also during the forenoon of 13th April 2015.
· Prime Minister would be utilizing this opportunity to reach out to the world about India’s initiatives in doing business and opening up of FDI regime etc.
· Inauguration of the fair would be jointly done by Chancellor and PM on 12th April, 2015 in the evening since India is the Partner Country.
· On 13th April, 2015, Chancellor and PM would be opening the India Pavilion in Hall No. 6 and this would be followed by a joint Walk Through of selected stalls of India and Germany.
· After the ‘Walk Through’ Chancellor and Prime Minister jointly would attend the inaugural session of Indo-German Business Summit which would be attended by hundreds of CEOs from both Germany and India. Make in India is the topic for discussion in IGBS.
· India is participating with more than 300 companies in the 10th Sectoral Core Themes of HM 2015 (like energy, wind, industrial automation, industrial supply etc.)
· More than 100 top CEOs are participating and they would be interacting with the German CEOs as part of the IGBS, as also have one to one interaction for developing business opportunities.
· Apart from IGBS India is hosting 6 Seminars to highlight the new initiatives of the Government and seeking induction of German technology / investment on the following topics; the key officials of the concerned Ministries of GoI would be involved in these seminars:
o New sunrise in electronics and electricals
o Smart Cities – the Urban Challenge
o Renewable Energy
o Strategy for skilling India
o Heavy Engineering & Motion Drive and Automation
o Digital India
· 12 State Governments have confirmed participation and the State Pavilion, adjacent to India Pavilion, has been created to display the State profile. The States of Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Gujarat, Rajasthan and U.P. are separately hosting investments seminars during the fair.
· India is hosting the Partner Country Night on 15.4.2015 in which CIM would be inviting participants.
· To demonstrate India-Germany linkage in Yoga, Yoga display is being made on all the five days of the fair.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Opening Statement by Prime Minister of India at 15th ASEAN-India Summit, Manila Your Excellency President …