- Your Excellency President Duterte,
- Mr. President,
- I am delighted to be on my first visit to Manila in this landmark 50th year of ASEAN’s establishment.
- We are also celebrating 25 years of ASEAN – India dialogue partnership.
- I compliment the Philippines for its able stewardship of ASEAN during this significant year and thank you, Mr. President, for the excellent arrangements made for this Summit.
- I also thank the honourable Prime Minister of Vietnam for Vietnam’s contribution as Country Coordinator to further strengthen the ASEAN-India partnership.
- ASEAN’s remarkable journey is indeed worthy of reflection as much as it is of celebration.
- On this historic occasion, I am confident that ASEAN will further resolve to work together with one vision, one identity and as one independent community.
- India’s Act East Policy is shaped around the ASEAN, and its centrality in the regional security architecture of the Indo-Pacific region is evident.
- Our wide-ranging agenda of cooperation under the 3rd ASEAN-India Plan of Action has progressed well covering the three crucial pillars of politico-security, economic and cultural partnership.
- Maritime links established thousands of years ago between India and ASEAN countries have enabled our trade relations in the past and we have to work closely to further strengthen them.
- India assures the ASEAN of its steady support towards achieving a rules-based regional security architecture that best attests to the region’s interests and its peaceful development.
- We have individually strived very hard to fight terrorism and violent extremism. It is time that we jointly address this challenge by intensifying cooperation in this crucial area. Excellencies,
- The befitting theme of ‘Shared Values, Common Destiny’ for our 25th anniversary celebrations has been jointly celebrated with a number of commemorative activities.
- I look forward to a befitting culmination of the commemorative year and receiving you at the India-ASEAN Special Commemorative Summit on 25 January 2018 in New Delhi.
- The 1.25 billion people of India are keen to welcome the ASEAN Leaders as our Chief Guests at India’s 69th Republic Day Celebrations.
- I am committed to working with you to realize our common destiny.
Journalists should follow core values of accuracy, fairness, objectivity & independence: Vice President
New Delhi: The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that present …