- Gandhinagar: Governor of Gujarat Mr. O. P. Kohli, Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani and Deputy Chief Minister Mr. Nitin Patel gave warm welcome to Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi on his arrival at Ahmedabad airport to attend the oath-taking ceremony of Gujarat Chief Minister and Cabinet Ministers. BJP President Mr. Amit Shah, Mr. Jitu Vaghani, Ahmedabad Mayor Mr. Gautam Shah welcomed Mr. Modi. Mr. Modi was welcomed with classical folk dance and tunes on his way from Ahmedabad Airport to Gandhinagar by the people. He also welcomed people's applause and gladly accepted it.
- Attending the Oath-taking ceremony of Gujarat Chief Minister and Cabinet Ministers at Gandhinagar Mr. Modi turned back to Delhi from Ahmedabad Airport, Governor of Gujarat Mr. O. P. Kohli, Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani and Deputy Chief Minister Mr. Nitin Patel remained present.
- Chief Secretary Dr. J. N. Singh, In-charge DGP Mr. Pramod kumar Jha, Collector smt. Avantika Singh, Police Commissioner A. K. Singh and senior officials remained present at time of arrival and Departure of Mr. Modi at Ahmedabad Airport.
- Former state BJP president RC Faldu, a Patidar leader; sitting education minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama; former industries Saurabh Patel; tribal leader and senior BJP leader Ganpat Vasava; Jayesh, son of BJP leader Vitthalbhai Radadiya; Pradipsinh Jadeja; Ishwarbhai Parma; Puroshottam Solanki, the incumbent fisheries minister and Bhavnagar strongman are among the few who took oath as cabinet ministers. Vibhavari Dave, the only woman and also the lone Brahmin face in the cabinet is a key leader from Saurashtra region. She is a three-term MLA too. With 99 MLAs, the BJP has a simple majority in the 182-member Assembly, 16 less than its 2012 tally of 115. the Opposition Congress that had won 61 seats in 2012, managed to increase its tally to 77. The strength of the Congress and its allies in the new House is 80.
- Starting with the prime minister and the BJP chief, chief ministers of all NDA-ruled states were invited for the swearing-in ceremony. That apart, senior BJP leader LK Advani and senior ministers of the Union council attended the ceremony. Former Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela was also present at the ceremony.
Gandhinagar: Israeli Prime Minister Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu has presented a unique gift to the Indian …