- Work towards implementing Ek Bharat, Shreshth Bharat: PM tells youth
- 3-day Conference of Central and State Ministers and Secretaries of Sports & Youth Affairs, tourism and culture Begins in Kutch, Gujarat
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs & Sports, Shri Vijay Goel, has stressed the need for promotion of sports for all round development of the society. He was addressing the inaugural session of a 3-day Conference of Central and State Ministers and Secretaries of Sports & Youth Affairs, tourism and culture in Kutch, Gujarat today. He said that promotion of sports and games among youth will improve their fitness level which may reduce our health expenditure. Similarly, sports can lead to promotion of tourism. If youth are involved in sports and games related activities, they will not be inclined towards crimes. Hence, Shri Vijay Goel, stressed upon the need for giving maximum encouragement to sports and games in coming years. He said that various skills need to be developed in the field of sports. For this purpose, he has spoken to the Minister for Skill Development.
- Shri Goel said that a “Sports Talent Hunt Portal” will be launched in next fifteen days in which videos and particulars of budding and emerging players could be uploaded so that they could be trained properly.
- Shri Goel stated that Khelo India has been launched with the organization of National level competitions, which are still being conducted. Process of selection of players for Olympics and other events has already started so that their training could begin at the earliest. Coordination meetings with schools and such other institutions, which are responsible for holding sports events are being held to ensure the best possible ways for identifying talent.
- Shri Goel agreed with State Ministers of States that sports should be included in the Concurrent List for which a Note will soon be submitted to the Cabinet.
- Shri Goel said that as there is a shortage of playfields in our country, the State Governments should make special arrangements for developing playfields on the available land. States should also formulate a policy regarding the use of playfields existing in the schools, colleges and institutions in the afternoon.
- Shri Goel said that maximum attention will be paid to sports in schools and universities and sports should be made an integral part of the school education. For this purpose, three meetings have been held with the Human Resource Development Minister. He said, ten universities will be short-listed where ‘Centres of Excellence’ for different sports disciplines will be established.
- Shri Goel said that more Centres of the youth organization namely, ‘Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan’ will be established and slum areas and villages will be developed. It will be our endeavour that the youth should participate in some cultural, social or sports related activities. Programmes will be developed in collaboration with Tourism and Culture Ministries. ‘National Service Scheme’ will be broad-based and strengthened.
- Maximum playfields will be developed and for this purpose, assistance will be provided by the Centre. Coaches will be made available to develop sports. Special training will be imparted to Ex-International and National players to appoint them as Coaches.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani has inaugurated three day conference of the Tourism, Cultural and Sports Ministers came across India at the white desert of Kutch, Dhordo today. Ministers, secretaries came from the states across India and union territories will participate in this conference and will exchange their views regarding promotion of tourism, culture and sports activities across the nation under ‘One India – Best India’ theme.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, delivered the Inaugural Address (via Video Conference) at the National Conference of Central and State/UT Ministers and Secretaries of Tourism, Culture and Sports. The event is being organized at Kutch, Gujarat. The Prime Minister stressed on the need for an institutional arrangement that enables excellence in sports. He noted that the Union Government as well as all State Governments would be keen to popularize sports. He said there is a strong need for proper mapping at the district level so that we can understand the range of our talent, and plan for infrastructure accordingly.
- He said that as far as tourism is concerned, India is blessed with so much potential and this can draw the world to India. The Prime Minister said that India’s youth is giving strength to key programmes such as digital initiatives, and Swachh Bharat Mission. He suggested that each state should select a few destinations, create world class tourism infrastructure, and draw the world there. The Prime Minister urged the delegates assembled for the Conference to work towards implementing Ek Bharat, Shreshth Bharat, through various mutual initiatives between States.
- Excellently suggesting he said that, one state sign MoUs with other state and the students of the local state provide information about the heritage to the people as a part of cultural exchange. India would emerge out in the tourism map if one state make firm resolution to develop 10 its’ tourist places according to the international standards. Mr. Modi suggested that, Indian states need to become more tourists friendly. If tourists visit from particular countries to our particular place, we have to develop physical arrangements as per their needs. The surveys should be carried out about the mentality of foreign tourists regarding their tourism requirements and activities. Changes should also be done like tourist compatible language, literature and web. We are providing such physical facilities, but it is need of hour to create atmosphere. Various departments of central government are working with more participation. It is necessary to understand what task we are performing, he added. Mr. Modi made understand about the development of Kutch after earthquake and how the popularity of this area has been developed as tourist spot - white desert of Kutch.
- Mr. Rupani called on to restore spirit of ‘Bharat Nahi Dekha To Kuchh Nahi Dekha’ along with reciprocity of Indian states and with the strength of youth in natural and cultural wisdom, tourism and sports sectors. Mr. Rupani while giving an example of identity of white desert in all over the world under the leadership of Prime Minster Mr. Narendra Modi, said that earlier the attractions of tourism were not seen, but Mr. Modi has given an identity of Toran-Tourism Destination during his tenure as the then Chief Minister of Gujarat. He said that this conference will provide an opportunity to feel panch tatvas along with moon light and white desert. He said that handicraft art, local employment and businesses have got new momentum due to listing of white desert in the world tourist map. Since the Indian population is having 65% youth power, this conference should discuss about diverting them toward constructive way. We want to push tourism by staying away from addiction and want to increase natural beauties like this, he added.
- Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Mr. Vijay Goel appreciated approach of Prime Minister for making India best through reciprocity of Tourism-Culture-Sports. Government of India will launch sports portal and put achievement of talented players on it. Union Minister for Tourism Mr. Mahesh Sharma said that this conference will provide new platform for mutual interaction, and will confined to only tourism means to go one place to another place. India is on 13th rank in world tourism index and contributing 10.71 % to world tourism growth, he added. Union Tourism Secretary Mr. Vinod Zutshi welcomed all and clarified the purpose of conference. Every Tourism Ministers, Secretaries and other dignitaries enjoyed the sunset in white desert and cultural programme at Dhordo white desert. On this occasion, State Tourism Minister Mr. Ganpatsinh Vasava, Cultural Activities Minister Mr. Rajendra Trivedi, Chief Secretary Dr. J. N. Singh and Senior Secretaries came from various state governments were remained present.
Gandhinagar: Israeli Prime Minister Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu has presented a unique gift to the Indian …