India introduced a Tourist Visa-on-Arrival (TVoA) program for which citizens of USA and several other countries are eligible.
Visa on Arrival Facility is available for holders of passport of following countries:
Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Djibouti, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand,
Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands,Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is valid for entry only at any of the following 09 (nine) designated international Airports:
Passengers traveling on TvoA enabled ETA to any other cities like Amritsar or Ahmedabad will require to complete their Immigration and Customs formalities at the above 09 cities only. If they would like to complete their Immigration and Customs formalities at destination cities other than the nine ETA/TvoA enabled, they need to be in possession of a normal Tourist Visa before embarking travel on Air India.
International passengers traveling EWR-AMD on AI144, or those connecting from AI102/AI126 at Delhi to Amritsar/Ahmedabad via flight numbers AI 0001 through AI 0199, will clear Immigration and Customs formalities at Amristar and Ahmedabad, respectively, and NOT at Mumbai or Delhi. Whilst making reservations on Air India for through destinations as in the example cited, passengers must possess a normal Tourist Visa in case they are clearing Customs and Immigration at destination airports that do not have ETA/TVoA clearance facility. Those travelling on ETA/TvoA will book upto the above listed 09 cities for Immigration and Customs clearance, and thereafter continue their journey on any flight as a domestic passenger.
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
- Instructions for Tourist Visa on Arrival (Enabled by ETA)
Applicants of the eligible countries may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example : If you are applying on 1st Sept then applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 4th Oct. Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name,date of birth, nationality , expiry date etc. to be uploaded by the applicant. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear and as per specification. Tourist visa on arrival (TVoA) fee is US$ 60/- per passenger excluding interchange charge for credit/debit cards.The fee must be paid 4 days before the expected date of travel filled by you otherwise application will not be processed. TVoA fee once submitted is non refundable. Applicant should carry a copy of ETA along with him/her at the time of travel.
Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at Immigration on arrival in India. The validity of visa will be 30 days from the date of arrival in India. Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) is valid for entry through 9 designated Airports i.e. Bengaluru,Chennai,Cochin,Delhi ,Goa, Hyderabad,Kolkata,Mumbai & Trivandrum . This facility is in addition to the existing Visa services. Tourist Visa On Arrival (TVoA) is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year. Tourist Visa On Arrival (TVoA) once issued on arrival is Only single entry , non-extendable , non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas. Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking visa status.
Please be careful while making payment of the TVoA fee. If the number of unsuccessful attempts is more than three (03), then the application id would be blocked and the applicant would be required to apply afresh by filling the application form again and regenerating a new application id. Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries must carry YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CARD at the time of arrival in India, otherwise they may be quarantined for 6 days upon arrival in India. Please visit our Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare latest guidelines regarding yellow fever countries here. For any assistance call 24 * 7 Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or send email to email@example.com
The documents required for Tourist Visa On Arrival are :
- Scanned First Page of Passport.
Size : Minimum 10 KB ,Maximum 300 KB
- The digital photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
Format – JPEG
Minimum 10 KB
Maximum 1 MB
- The height and width of the Photo must be equal.
- Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open.
- Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Background should be plain light colored or white background.
- No shadows on the face or on the background.
- Without borders.