Narendra Modi makes Benjamin Netanyahu fly kite
- Gandhinagar: Prime Minister on India Mr. Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Israel Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu today visited Gandhi Ashram at Sabarmati Ahmedabad and were welcomed with cotton thread by the trust of ashram. Mr. Netanyahu said it was an "inspiring visit" to Hriday Kunj, Mahatma Gandhi's home at the Sabarmati ashram. An inspiring visit to the heart of one of humanity's great prophets of inspiration—Mahatma Gandhi," marked Netanyahu and his wife in a message at the Sabarmati Ashram.
- Two dignitaries paid floral tributes to the statue of Mahatma Gandhi and offered a cotton thread to Gandhiji’s photograph. Mr. Modi briefed about the Gandhiji’s Life, Ashram and the Riverfront.
- In response to the friendship of both the countries, Prime Minister of India and the Prime Minister of Israel fly kite. Netanyahu and his wife tried their hands at kite flying in the presence of Modi. The most popular Uttrayan festival has just passed few day’s before at that moment two kids named Vrushank and Diya were flying kite. Moving towards the riverfront from ashram Mr. modi took the thread of kite from Vrushank and enjoyed the moment of kite flying. At that moment Mr. Modi even gave the information about the kite flying tradition and the kite-making industry. Mr. Netanyahu's wife, Sara was seen curiously looking at the skies and helping her husband to fly the kite.
- Mr. Netanyahu and his wife enjoyed looking at the different color of kites taking them in hand over there. In this way, the dignitaries put Gujarat's festivals - Uttarayan on the global stage.
- Other’s present on the occasion included Chief Secretary of the State Dr. J. N. Singh and senior officials.